Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fun Times in Layton. . .

Roman & I were able to hang out in Layton with my friend Kristin & her son Jaxson for a couple days last week. We wanted to enjoy what is left of summer so we spent as much time outside as we could. We stopped by the Sno shack to cool off a couple times too.:)

* * *
Jensen's Nature Park



We fed the duck's a whole loaf of bread and watched them fight over it. It was so dang hot & humid that day Roman's cheeks were red. This is even after he drank a whole sippy of water.


P.S. Roman is walking now! It's so dang cute. He still loses his balance on occasion but he's doing really well. Now to teach him how to walk with shoes on.:)


* * *

Cherry Hill

Cherry Hill is a water park in Kaysville. Kristin & Jaxson have a season pass so we got a discount. Bonus!
* * *
Jaxson is quite the little swimmer and was showing Roman how to put your head under water. Roman didn't quite catch on.:)

We floated around the lazy river and let the kids play in Pirate Cove for a couple hours. I even took Roman down the little kid slide. What a good mom I am.:).......cause I looked like a dork.


We have had such a great summer!

I refuse to admit that it's coming to an end. I will wear sandals until it snows!

* * *

Thanks Kristin, Jarom & Jaxson for being such great hosts & friends! We love you guys!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

we loved it!!! We miss you already:) I wish our life would slow down a bit. It was nice to have you for a few days...because I forgot about the stress of preschool and life and just...SHOPPED! haha.

I wish I could come visit you now:)

joel said...

Looks like so much fun! I usually love summer, but I'm so ready for cooler weather. Glad to hear you've had a great summer. Hope everything is well :)

Maranda said...

P.S. That comment above was from me!

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!! You are so freaking cute!! Yay that Roman is walking he is such a handsome little boy! ps I need to get walking so I can have your legs!!