Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanksgiving in Phoenix

We decided to ditch the cold weather in Utah this year and head to my parent's home in Phoenix.

* * *

Thanksgiving day started with a 5K Turkey Waddle.

(Pre-waddle)

This cute little guy met me at the finish line.:)


My dad (aka- the turkey carver)
Let the feast begin!!

This was technically Roman's 1st Thanksgiving. . . . because what's a Thanksgiving when all you get is milk?:)
The garlic mashed potatoes were his favorite! He smelled like garlic for days.:)
He also liked the sweet potatoes, rolls, and corn. Not a fan of the turkey or stuffing though. . . . crazy kid!


After our Thanksgiving naps we headed to the Phoenix zoo for "Zoo Lights".

* * *
Roman had to have his own light-up glow stick.


(Don't be jealous of my flip-flops in November) :)


Family photo outtake- -


Really??. . . . . what's everyone looking at?


Spider lights


Roman & Papa


I think Roman enjoyed Zoo lights. It was a fun night!


I do not take for granted the many blessing I have in my life. I have so many things to be grateful for and I'm thankful we have a holiday that reminds us to reflect on all of those things.

Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments: