A couple weeks ago Roman and I headed up to Salt Lake for a weekend of fun. Typically when Roman & I head to Salt Lake I'm dropping him off with his dad for the weekend so I don't get to take him to do fun things but this particular weekend was different.
First stop?. . . . Sugar House Park with some friends and their kids.
* * *
What almost 2 year old boy would be interested in feeding the ducks bread when he could throw rocks at them??
Roman spent nearly an hour throwing rocks into the pond and trying to get the ducks to eat them. It was pretty entertaining. . . .although I was a little on edge just waiting for him to fall/dive into the water. He's a little unpredictable at times, if you can imagine that.:)
After much coaxing, I got Roman away from the water & ducks and we headed to the playground. This kid is ALL BOY! He has more energy in his little pinky than I have in my whole body. Playing on the playground is a work-out for this momma.:)
Up the slide. . . .down the slide. . . .up the stairs. . . .down the stairs. . . .through the tunnel. . . .over here. . . .over there. . . .barely dodge getting knocked out by a swinger. . . . up the slide. . . .down the slide. . . .play in the wood chips. . . .try to eat a few. . . etc. etc. etc.
WHEW! . . . it's exhausting isn't it?
But to see the joy on his face as he plays and discovers new things is absolutely worth the exhaustion.
What a fun play date at Sugar House Park!
And another memory created with my Romie.:)







No comments:
Post a Comment